You'll keep her a secret your whole life?
|Relationships|| Shelly - Wife|
Junior - Son
Brad Armstrong - Friend
Sticky Angoneli - Friend
Cheeks Gaywood - Friend
Buddy - Adoptive Niece
|Location||Various in Olathe|
|Appearances||LISA: THE PAINFUL|
|Mentioned||LISA THE JOYFUL|
- "I don't know, Brad. I wish my life was more like yours... I'm pretty stupid Brad, but I'm not that stupid. My wife hates me... And my son. That's a whole nother story... My job sucks. My whole life's a joke. I mean look at you man. No nagging wife, no kids. You teach martial arts. Your life's awesome!"
- ―Rick to Brad in a flashback
Richard Weeks, nicknamed Rick, is a main character in LISA: THE PAINFUL and is one of Brad's friends.
Appearance and PersonalityEdit
Rick is a handsome looking man, wearing a pink suit before the white flash, and wearing its rags afterwards. He has been friends with Brad since childhood.
StoryEditRick, Cheeks and Sticky being beaten up by a group of children over the boys stealing their ball. Brad steps in and lies to the children that he stole the balls to protect his friends to be beaten up instead. Buddy and brings her back to his friends. Rick and the others are met by amazement as there are no women after the White Flash and therefore, no babies. They note that they can give her to Rando to begin repopulating the human race and that they will be given resources in return. Brad however wants to keep Buddy inside to protect her from the outside world, shunning the possibility of depopulation. Brad sees this as a second chance of retribution and to be able to protect someone else and make of for his perceived failure of protecting Lisa from Marty, despite the possible consequences to the human race.
The men then commit to raising Buddy themselves, with Brad attempting to quit his Joy addiction. They build a cave underneath the house to raise her in secret. We then see the struggle over many years of them building the cave with Brad slowly balding. The song that plays while we see this montage is 'The Sacrifice', this may just mean the sacrifice of time that Brad is making to raise Buddy, but also the sacrifice of the future of the entire human race, to give Brad another chance of protecting someone.
FlashbackEditFactory Town, Brad will enter a flashback of his past with Rick, seemingly before the White Flash and after Lisa's death. Brad walks in on Rick's masculine Wife, Shelly, greeting each other. She continues on to say Rick should be home soon with very little enthusiasm. After a short while Rick returns home from what looks like a white collar job. Rick asks Shelly if she has started dinner as he mentioned Brad was coming to visit, she nonchalantly brushes this off and states she hasn't started dinner. Rick ends up covering up for her and orders takeout, showing that Shelly doesn't seem to care about either of them. Rick also asks where Junior, his son, is in which Shelly says she doesn't care again.
Rick's CleansingEditArea 1, injured on the ground. Rick's eyes light up as Brad exclaims that he is thankful that Rick is alive. After asking where Buddy is, Rick swiftly runs away from Brad. With a hallucination of Lisa looking on, Rick punches Brad as he approaches and runs away again. Brad catches up to Rick and tackles him.
Rick's Sacrifice Edit
Just before the Area 3 Crossroads, Brad encounters Sticky, conscious but wounded. Brad, believing that Sticky molested Buddy, confronts him about it. Sticky mocks Brad for calling Buddy his daughter, and says he did what needed to be done to save the human race. As an aggravated Brad readies a Fireball to kill Sticky, a badly-injured Rick rushes in front of Sticky, attempting to shield him from Brad. Brad simply orders Rick to move, but he instead begs Brad not to hurt Sticky. Brad is then given a choice whether to spare Rick and Sticky, or kill both of them. If he chooses to spare them, Brad angrily tells them to leave and never show their faces again. Rick will thank Brad, but Sticky will instead tell him "This isn't over". If he chooses to kill them, the game will white out, and then return to Brad standing in front of Rick and Sticky's corpses, which have been obliterated from the top. If Brad interacts with the corpses, the game will note that there is "No going back now."
If spared, Sticky returns at the end to prevent Brad from going to Buddy's island. Rick, however, will stay true to his promise and not reappear.
LISA: The Joyful Edit
While Rick himself does not reappear in this game, Buddy hallucinates his appearance after killing all of the warlords. He stands on the side of the list, along with an injured Sticky, Cheeks, Brad, and Rando. Curiously, he appears to have bandaged his face, even though Buddy did not witness his mutilation at Brad's hands and cannot have known about his injuries.
|HIT * 95%||EVA * 5%|
|Attack Element: Physical|
- He was originally meant to be Brad's party member along with Sticky and Cheeks.
- Going up and interacting to Rick after torturing him says "He's finished" instead of the usual "He's dead" given to corpses in the game. This foreshadows Rick's late-game appearance. The same message is repeated for Rando's body after his battle, hinting his return in The Joyful after his presumed death.
Fan Content Appearances Edit
- In LISA: The Pointless, Rick is never met or interacted with, instead he makes a cameo appearance on the television broadcast seen before the battle with Raymond Ripe. He appears to be tied down to a chair and all of the facial wounds Brad inflicted appear to have been treated. He is interviewed by a mysterious TV host who confronts him on the nature of 'sin'. He then delivers a speech on how things like friendship and hope are now nonexistent in a post-apocalyptic Olathe, and how people will betray and kill each other for no other reason then simply enjoying it. This is most likely in reference to Brad's actions during the course of LISA: The Painful RPG. At the end of the program the host notes that Rick has come to terms with his "sanctification", before a grinning figure brandishing a sickle grabs Rick by the shoulder. The power to the TV then cuts out, moments before Rick is seemingly murdered. This is assumed to be his canon death, implying that he and Sticky were spared by Brad towards the end of LISA: The Painful RPG.
|Brad Armstrong • Rando • Buzzo • Buddy • Lisa • Marty Armstrong • Columbo|
|Terry Hintz • Crisp Ladaddy • RT • Rooster Coleman • Olan Hoyt • Nern Guan • Rage Ironhead • Percy Monsoon • Mad Dog • Shocklord • Fardy Hernandez • Queen Roger • Carp • Harvey Alibastor • Clint Olympic • Buckets • Buffalo Van Dyke • Tiger Man • Ollie Nickels • Geese Thompson • Dick Dickson • Jack • Sonny Backluwitz • Yazan Barghouti • Beastborn • Fly Minetti • Ajeet Mandeep • Garth • Bo Wyatt • Birdie Hall|
|Dr. Yado • Nancy Yado • Richard "Rick" Weeks • Tony "Sticky" Angoneli|